OVERVIEW OF THE TECHNOLOGY
How The Freeze Miser® Works
Unlike the manual drip method, the Freeze Miser is engineered to only release the minimal amount of water to PREVENT faucets from freezing. Its patented design allows the Freeze Miser to sense the internal water temperature and releases water below 37°F/3°C. As the water temperature fluctuates, the Freeze Miser automatically regulates the drip-rate. This fluctuation ensures reliable faucet freeze protection releasing the least amount of water, even in the most extreme freezing conditions.
- The Freeze Miser® operates like the thermostat in your home.
- After installation, it senses the internal water temperature arriving at the faucet, not the air temperature.
- The Freeze Miser® activates when the water temperature drops below 37º F/3º C.
- No water is released until the activation temperature is sensed.
- The Freeze Miser® is on guard 24/7!