- Kills the ants you see and the ones you don’t
- Ready to use – set the bait, attract ants, and kill the colony
- Stay-fresh tab keeps liquid bait fresh until opened
- Snap-off design makes it easy to open – no scissors needed
- Use bait stations along baseboard, under appliances, on windowsills and wherever ants are numerous
TERRO® LIQUID ANT BAITS
Ants can be a problem anywhere – in the home, at work and everywhere in between. To kill common household ants, place TERRO® Liquid Ant Baits in areas where they attract foraging ants that take the bait back to the nest. As the bait circulates through the colony, it kills the ants you see and the ones you don’t. The new and improved snap-off tab makes the stations easy to use. Plus, the closed bait stations prevent the bait from drying out to provide the ants with a continuous supply of liquid, day and night. Note: complete control may take up to two weeks.
HOW LIQUID ANT BAIT WORKS Since this is a bait, initially you will see more ants – but don’t worry, this is a good thing. Why? As ants forage for food, they are easily attracted to the sweet, sugary liquid inside the bait stations. After finding the bait, worker ants consume it and leave behind a pheromone trail leading back to the colony. This trail lets other worker ants know where the newly discovered food supply is. This is why you will see more ants in the beginning.
Meanwhile, the active ingredient, Borax, is slowly interfering with the ant’s digestive system, ultimately killing it, but leaving enough time for the ant to go back and share the dose with the rest of the colony. This slow kill is necessary so that foraging ants can make several trips to the bait. The communal nature of an ant colony allows the bait to be spread to hundreds, if not thousands, of individual ants.
WHERE TO PLACE ANT BAITS
Place TERRO® Liquid Ant Baits near trails and other locations where ants are numerous. It’s also a good idea to place bait stations anywhere ants may try to enter your home. The compact size of the bait stations makes them perfect for placement along baseboards, in corners, on counters, under and behind appliances, and on windowsills. The more bait placements, the better!
EASY-OPEN TABEach TERRO® Liquid Ant Bait station is sealed so the bait stays fresh until you’re ready to use them. To open the bait, hold the station vertically and twist the new and improved tab. This opens up the station and allows ants to access the bait. Place the entire station on a flat surface, keeping the ant bait inside the station.
Note: Some earlier versions of TERRO® Liquid Ant Bait required it to be opened by scissors. The new snap-off tab eliminates this method of opening, but some earlier versions may still be sold while supplies last.
TERRO® Liquid Ant Baits are very easy to use. Before placing the bait stations, be sure to remove other sources of food, such as crumbs, sugar and grease spots to prevent attracting ants elsewhere. Do not place bait where you’ve already sprayed insecticides, as the pests may avoid the bait stations.
- Hold the bait station firmly with bait pack tab facing up. Break off the tab being careful not to spill the bait.
- Place the bait station label side up on a flat surface near signs of ants. Place additional bait stations anywhere they may enter your home. For best results, use all six bait stations to ensure a sufficient supply for the ants.
- Monitor placements regularly, but do not interfere with the pests or bait stations. Replace when bait is depleted. Complete control may take up to two weeks.
- Once ants are controlled, replace the baits every 3 months to keep them from returning.